Monday, June 17, 2013

Running pet peeve and rockin' the pink!!

    The Wikipedia defines pet peeve as "a minor annoyance"..
    Well... no disrespect to Wikipedia.. but my running pet peeve is a MAJOR annoyance.. irritant.. burns my butt...
     I heart rate train.. I run with a polar to keep my heart rate in check. I am going for distance.. not to get burned out. So, my theory is I keep my heart rate in the correct range I can go further for longer and not feel like I wanna pass out half way thru my run. Today I ran 1.5 miles of my 2 miles and only did intervals for a half a mile.. NICE.. My heart rate was a bit lower (5 bpm or so) than I have been running..
    BUT.... My polar decided that half the time was reading 64 BPM... Now, I don't even do that low on a deep rem sleep!!!! here I am busting my hiney and you say 64??!!!!! AUGH... I adjust my chest strap (very attractive in public, let me tell you) but most of the time that doesn't help.. I turn it off, turn it back on and hope for the best.. it works for a while, then back to 64! **sigh**
    Hopefully my probes are just dirty, and just needs to be cleaned.. and all will be well..
    Another strategy.. I just want to run.. go a litter further, and run a little more.. when I get closer to my 5K I will switch to my garmin to make sure my distance is exactly correct for my race..

    On the days I run, I treat myself and wear this:

          



   It's a pink bracelet I got at a running retreat I went on in February. it says "proud to run like a girl" I LOVE it and just an added bling for the day! :-)
    Have a great one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment