Friday, June 28, 2013

Baby it's hot outside!!!

Wheewheew....

My area is in excessive heat warning.  I enjoy cooler evening and mornings so I can run at 7AM and not feel like I wanna croak from heat by 8:30 AM..
But.. not this week, or all next week for what it looks like. I’m up a little earlier and it’s bearable.
Every day it seems like I am learning something about my running skills. Today was no different.

Today was another slow day at running. I was tired and felt like I had to push myself. But, it hit me “just relax and run”. Sounds like an oxymoron, doesn’t it. But, in my eagerness, I sometimes try too hard. I feel like I’m fighting it and way tense. This is supposed to be a good thing. How is it good if you’re tense and enjoying it?? Easy.. it can’t. So, relax and let the run come to you. I still tried to keep my form and posture good. That made my run a lot easier to handle. I even remembered to sing and dance when I did that and made it fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment