Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A little gardening and foam rolling?

Happy rest day!!
My dad lives in the same town as I do. He LOVES his garden, but really is easier to have someone go and help him out with it. So, I go over and check on it (and him- he’s a YOUNG 87) and take care of things. It’s a fun gig, makes you feel accomplished to see all the food growing..  My dad is a perfectionist.. ya.. the apple didn’t fall from the tree.. at all, did it..

Dad's shade house- only part of the garden.


I’m having issues mainly with my hamstrings tightening.. I have stretched.. iced.. stretched some more.. iced some more.. Even ibu and biofreeze. (it’s like icy hot x10)  Nothing seems to really do the trick. Oh, it’s helped, but really not done the job I was hoping it would.
I started to use a foam roller.. OH MY LANDS!! Wow! What a difference. I now feel like I can run and be okay to really push like I want to. It hurts on really sore muscles, but it makes it feel so much better in the long run. Pun intended.. lol
Here’s to a great run tomorrow. Can’t wait, as usual!

I am watching Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition. This guy that has one arm went thru a huge weight loss transformation. I think “if he can, what’s my excuse?!”

No comments:

Post a Comment