Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Confession time?

So, I finally crashed and burned on my eating and learned a lot from it.
I ate a hamburger and yummy ice cream yesterday.. NOT at all on my eating plan, to say the least!
This morning on my run I felt HORRIBLE! You see, I have acid reflux really bad. So bad I am on prescription drug for it. That was the worst thing I could of eaten.
 I really tried to undo the damage. I got up at 5:30 AM and took acid medicine, and went back to bed.
 6:30 came and I am up and at em. stomach hurting so bad I am questioning at 7AM while leaving the house if running is such a good idea..
 I could only do a mile run.. and I probably woke the whole neighborhood screaming at the end cuz I was just so mad.. frustrated. and blown out physically.. it was maddening.
  So.. lesson for today is: ask yourself.. "is it worth it?" is that bad thing you are about to eat worth the consequences you are about to inflict on yourself in the morning?
  As well as I had to experience that to feel the difference between an awesome rockin' workout run and a run that was just so painful I don't want to experience again. I feel I had to feel the experience to remember it for the future, if that makes sense.. I can talk about it until the cows come home, but to feel it is something I promise I won't soon forget. And, in the end, will make me stronger and train harder from that lesson.
   Here is a pic of me at last years race I am training for for this year. I LOVE this race.. it's way fun and a great family atmosphere. Best of all, they feed you and give you massages at the end! oh, wait.. the very best is I get to meet up with some amazing friends of mine..  Can't wait..


  I took 3rd in my age group!
  Have a good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment