Thursday, July 4, 2013

Celebrating FREEDOM Day!!


   I must admit, the traditions here in my small town is quite unique. It has such a small town feel.
  The 4th here starts at 6AM with the fireman sets off dynamite blasts. That wakes everyone up for breakfast where they(fireman) treat us to a huge breakfast with all the trimmings. After the food settles a little is the traditional parade.


 After the parade is kids games at the park with money scramble and watermelon bust. At night is topped off with fireworks.

   This is a special year because some of my nieces and nephews are home. My brother treated us to a dutch oven chicken and potatoes. WOW! YYUUUMMEEYYY. I'm gonna have to run this off...
   For the next week..
   I am so thankful we have the freedoms we have here. I am so thankful for my amazing family that is so kind, sweet, nice and loving.
   Thanks for an amazing day!!!
    Now.. about that run.. lol.. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment